Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Why Should I Consult an Atorney?

        Even if you do not believe you need one, consult an attorney before you file for divorce. An attorney is the only person qualified to give you legal advice. A short consultation will help you assess your legal needs. An attorney will help you explore these questions: 

 

·         Should I file first?

·         Where will my case be heard?

·         Are there any emergency papers that must be filed?

·         Are there any reasons I should act immediately?

·         What are the legal issues?

·         Can an agreement be reached outside of court?

·         How complicated is my case?

·         What are my rights?

·         What are my responsibilities to my spouse?

·         What type of custody arrangement can I expect?

·         How much money will I get?

·         How do I get child support?

·         How long will spousal support last?

·         How much money will I have to pay?

·         How much will the divorce cost?

·         How long will it take?

·         How should we divide our assets?

·         How should we divide our debts?

·         Should discovery be conducted?

·         What will happen to our home?

·         Do I need a restraining order?

·         What information do I need to resolve my case?

·         Do I need an attorney?

No comments: